PromptWorks builds custom software for companies who care about the details. Our calling is to help our clients create amazing technologies that help achieve their vision. We love solving complex engineering and business challenges, and we’ve spent decades honing our craft.
About the position
The Business Development Manager will shepherd our prospective clients through the entire sales process with support from our co-founders. This person will represent our company values and process to those who want to work with us and will coordinate our team so that we deliver on those values.
This role is NOT looking for someone to generate leads but rather shepherd the leads that come to us and be a manager of the process thereafter.
Support the co-founders in shepherding new prospects
- Qualify incoming leads and determine whether they are a good fit for us
- Guide the first few meetings with the prospect to understand their need for custom software
- Coordinate with internal staff to form a proposal for the client
- Translate clients’ interests into detailed feature requirements
- Present the proposal to prospect with support from our co-founders
- Work with our client engagement team and the prospect to create and sign contracts
- Transfer knowledge to our internal team so that they can succeed in the execution phase
- Understand and advocate for client’s product vision and advise throughout the development process for the highest-quality and most cost-effective solutions
- Balance scope desires and cost realities of development, advising on the trade-offs so that clients can make an informed decision and align expectations
- Document decisions made and identify risks and assumptions to client throughout the sales process
- Build healthy relationships with clients and keep them lightly engaged with PromptWorks even after a project is delivered
About the ideal candidate
- Able to coordinate large groups of busy people to deliver proposals on a deadline
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to listen and understand others’ needs in a supportive and professional way
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work without a lot of guidance or direction
- Extremely reliable with an impeccable attention to detail
- Skilled at balancing multiple tasks at the same time
Candidate must have experience with
- Worked for at least 2 years on a tech / agile product development team
- Worked for 3-5 years in a client facing role before such as project or account management
- Ability to listen and understand the clients non-technical needs (budget, team culture, timing)
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Paid travel for speaking at & attending conferences
- Monthly work-from-home flexibility
- FSA and commuter benefits
- Collegial atmosphere with family-style lunch twice a week on us
PromptWorks is made up of people with many different backgrounds and lifestyles. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other difference.
How to apply
Please apply with a custom cover letter. Tell us which position you’re applying for and why you’re a good fit. Please include a resume and examples of your work (e.g. links to code samples with descriptions).
Principals only. No recruiters, please.Apply Now