PromptWorks is a burgeoning software consulting company based in Philadelphia, PA seeking an energetic Office Manager to join our team. While this role may cover a broad stretch of the day-to-day operations at PromptWorks, we envision the specific focus will have an HR component to it and are looking for an individual with advanced interpersonal skills and a passion for people management.
About the Position
The Office Manager plays an essential role of supporting the consulting team by managing our human resource needs, caring for the office and supporting the administrative operations that make the business run.
- Managing HR functions such as; employee onboarding and offboarding, coordinating payroll with our PEO, benefits and enrollment, employee engagement and feedback strategies, researching new policies and procedures as well as nurturing and developing our company culture
- Develop hiring strategies and execution, including job description reviews, ATS support, coordinating interviews, and reference checks
- Assist in financial operations including; bookkeeping and data entry, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and monthly reconciliation of bank accounts and credit cards
- Manage various requests and compliance regarding reimbursements, vendor management, insurance, travel arrangements, scheduling, and calendering
- Recommendations to improve and streamline our process as well as documentation of process and guidelines to better enhance our culture of learning and transparency
- Lead day-to-day office operations to create an exceptional experience for employees and guests by handling office care needs including appearance, improvements, and coordination with building management for maintenance requests
- Office administrative support functions including; voice mail distribution, filing, bank deposits, postal needs, team meals, maintenance of office supplies and snacks, as well as inventory and purchasing needs
- Assist in cross-departmental support initiatives to help promote efficiency and best practices, which may include special projects
About the ideal candidate
We hire passionate, pragmatic, intelligent, well-spoken, knowledge-hungry, fun-loving people. We’re looking for someone who is a self-directed team player to make our office operate smoothly and effectively. This is a position that we believe can grow and evolve with our company. The ideal candidate for this role operates effectively in a semi-structured, ever-evolving work environment with a positive, determined attitude while nurturing our company culture of learning, knowledge sharing, transparency, and professionalism.
You have a knack for getting things done quickly and effectively. You are organized, methodical, and constantly looking for ways to exceed expectations. You operate proactively and solve problems with creative solutions. You love building relationships with people and believe that more can be accomplished through collaboration. You want to foster a happy place to get great work done. People want to spend time with you. You’re quick, friendly and humble.
The ideal Office Manager at PromptWorks is some combination of the following characteristics, experiences, and skill sets:
- Previous office and HR experience required
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks or other accounting software and principles required
- Strong math skills; Excel or Google Sheets experience required
- Experience supporting a team in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- An operational optimizer, always looking for a better process
- Values documentation to facilitate knowledge transfer
- Strong interpersonal skills: Upbeat, friendly and professional
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, strong presentation skills
- Energetic, warm, and a team player
- Gives and seeks feedback and ideas freely
- Ability to work on a team and independently
- Extremely reliable with an impeccable attention to detail
- Comfortable with prioritizing multiple tasks at the same time
- Proactive, collaborative, and looking to take initiative
- Well-organized and able to track details with documents and tools
- Advanced time-management skills
- Flexible in changing circumstances and adapts approach with change
- Experience with facilities management preferable
- Comfort with social media tools like Twitter, Instagram, and Slack
- Ability to schedule across multiple calendars and manage contacts
- Desire to assist others and learn additional skills
- Ergonomic work stations including seated & standing pair programming stations
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Paid travel for speaking at & attending conferences
- Monthly work-from-home flexibility
- FSA and commuter benefits
- Collegial atmosphere with family-style lunch twice a week on us
PromptWorks is made up of people with many different backgrounds and lifestyles. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other difference.
How to apply
Please apply with a custom cover letter. Tell us which position you’re applying for and why you’re a good fit. Please include a resume and examples of your work (e.g. links to code samples with descriptions).
Principals only. No recruiters, please.Apply Now