PromptWorks builds custom software for companies who care about the details. Our calling is to help our clients create amazing technologies that help achieve their vision. We love solving complex engineering and business challenges, and we’ve spent decades honing our craft.
About the position
A Senior Software Project Manager at PromptWorks is an integral part of a project team, tasked with facilitating the delivery of high-quality results of a client’s product vision. An SSPM will collaborate with engineers to translate client requirements into a technical backlog, manages the pace of work, and communicates with our clients. Using Agile best practices and techniques, SSPMs clarify product vision for our clients, bring out the best in our software engineering teams, and help improve our internal processes. Our project managers are a friendly, competent, intelligent, and proactive face of the company to clients.
As a small organization, your experience and input are invaluable. We’ll look to you to drive the evolution of our software development process and methodology. We’d love for you to help us effectively utilize unallocated time to advance company projects, and seek training on product and project management. There are many opportunities for you to take ownership of initiatives and have a voice in shaping the company.
- Champion client vision and priorities day-to-day
- Facilitate Agile process and events with clients and staff
- Turn clients’ big ideas into actionable stories in collaboration with engineers
- Guide clients through the trade-offs between their long-term and short-term goals balanced with the cost realities of development
- Prioritize and protect client’s budget, effectively communicating the impact of product decisions throughout the course of development to both client and team
- Document decisions made and communicate risk to client throughout the duration of the engagement
- Deliver messages confident in the team’s ability to achieve success on the project, especially in difficult situations
- Regularly check in with clients on high-level aspects of the project (personnel, budget, overall satisfaction) and develop personal relationships that support renewed business strategies
- Educate clients on our software development process, our Agile practices, and the nature of software (advising when appropriate)
- Support the sales team by gathering requirements and facilitating parts of the sales process
- Collaborate with other PMs, engineers, and the whole PromptWorks team to improve company practices and processes
Desired Candidate Experience
- 7+ years of related work experience
- Prior experience working with an Agile software development team in a consulting environment
- Gathering high-level business requirements and working with a development team to translate ideas into actionable user stories
- Prior experience shepherding a product from ideation to production
- Proficiency with effective communication techniques
- Expertise in risk management, escalation, and crisis management
- Healthy understanding of business challenges and incentives
- Comfortable effectively navigating complex and challenging stakeholder environments
- Experience managing external budgets and deadlines with a high focus on delivering value more than specific deliverables
- Collaborating with a diverse array of personalities and expertly facilitating communication, managing expectations, resolving conflict, and escalating as appropriate
- Ergonomic work stations including seated & standing pair programming stations
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Paid travel for speaking at & attending conferences
- Monthly work-from-home flexibility
- FSA and commuter benefits
- Collegial atmosphere with family-style lunch twice a week on us
PromptWorks is made up of people with many different backgrounds and lifestyles. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other difference.
How to apply
Please apply with a custom cover letter. Tell us which position you’re applying for and why you’re a good fit. Please include a resume and, if applicable, examples of your work.
Principals only. No recruiters, please.Apply Now