PromptWorks is a small consultancy, so we’re looking for a user experience designer that is also adept at designing and implementing user interfaces for our client projects. This designer will work with clients, business analysts, visual designers, and developers to design how the digital products we create work and feel as well as implementing the UI in conjunction with developers.
- Working with clients and users to determine how a product should work
- Designing intuitive, functional, and elegant user interfaces for web and mobile applications
- Creating reusable patterns and components for implementation in project development
- Handling multiple projects as part of small teams and independently when necessary
- Taking ownership of our work-product and ensuring a cohesive, quality user experience
- Participating in daily stand up meetings, and weekly planning and retrospective meetings
- Staying abreast of UI/UX trends, technology, tools, and techniques
This is a Philadelphia-based position.
About the ideal candidate
We hire passionate, pragmatic, intelligent, well-spoken, knowledge-hungry, fun-loving people.
Candidates must have experience with the following:
- Designing user interfaces for web and/or mobile applications
- Working with clients and users in design workshops, interviews, and field research
- Creating rapid, iterative mockups and prototypes
- Design and collaboration tools like Sketch, InVision, UXPin, etc.
- Writing clean, semantic HTML and well-organized CSS
- Modern HTML and CSS features
- Using strong attention to detail to refine the UI and solve UX problems
Experience with the following is preferable:
- UX in an agile development environment
- Visual design skills (typography, aesthetics, layout, color, etc.)
- Creating UX documentation such as user personas, object maps, and workflow diagrams
- Using CSS preprocessors like SCSS or Less
- Backend technologies, e.g. Ruby, Python, Node.js, etc.
- Contributing to local community–maybe even speaking at conferences
PromptWorks is made up of people with many different backgrounds and lifestyles. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other difference.