PromptWorks is a small consultancy, so we’re looking for a user experience designer that is adept at designing and implementing user interfaces for our client and internal projects.
This designer will work with clients, business analysts, visual designers, and developers to design intuitive, functional, and elegant user interfaces for web and mobile applications. They will also work to implement the UI in conjunction with developers.
The ideal candidate’s portfolio should demonstrate a broad body of work consisting of high-quality, responsive, user-centric design. They should be a creative thinker and a problem solver.
- Creating reusable patterns and components for implementation in project development
- Participating in and leading discovery and design workshops
- Creating high quality design deliverables
- Working well in a small team and independently when necessary
- Participating in daily stand up and weekly planning & retrospective meetings
- Taking ownership of our work-product and ensuring a cohesive, quality user experience
- Championing client vision and priorities day-to-day
- Turning clients’ big ideas into actionable stories in collaboration with engineers
- Working with Business Analysts to help perform market research and identify product vision
- Educating clients on design and agile process
- Estimating project proposals in collaboration with software engineers, project managers and business analysts
- Staying abreast of UI/UX trends, technology, tools, and techniques
About the ideal candidate
We hire passionate, pragmatic, intelligent, well-spoken, knowledge-hungry, fun-loving people.
Candidates must have experience with the following:
- Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator and/or related design tools
- InVision, Axure, UXPin and/or related prototyping tools
- Design of process flows, user journeys, wireframes & comprehensive mockups
- Responsive and mobile-first design
- Design of brand and style guides
- CSS, LESS, Sass
- HTML and other templating engines
Experience with any of the following is preferable:
- Brand and logo design
- Color theory
- User research and usability testing
- React Native mobile apps
- Gulp, Webpack, NPM and other build tools
- Alternative interfaces, IoT & electronics
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Paid travel for speaking at & attending conferences
- Monthly work-from-home flexibility
- FSA and commuter benefits
- Collegial atmosphere with family-style lunch twice a week on us
PromptWorks is made up of people with many different backgrounds and lifestyles. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other difference.
How to apply
Please apply with a custom cover letter. Tell us which position you’re applying for and why you’re a good fit. Please include a resume and examples of your work (e.g. links to website or portfolio).
Principals only. No recruiters, please.Apply Now